Tuesday, November 30, 2010

vivid scribbles top 5- (little known) companies

Companies:
  1. Baudville:   Inspiration for today's post. I receive an e-mail from Baudville with a link to a ton of free recognition resources. I have used Baudville as a supplier for all things recognition for a couple of years now. They continue to be innovative, and successfully serve as both a supplier and a resource. I feel, as a customer, that they are more than just a company selling recognition supplies, but they believe what their selling. check them out @ baudville.com
  2. PaperClip Communications: This is great for anyone working in student affairs/higher ed. They have tons of manuals, training binders, activity books, and more recently have done a good job of providing substantial resources/webinars on hot topics and current issues. When working in my grad internship we purchased a couple of good activity binders and manuals from them. They are worth the money you spend on them. check them out @ paper-clip.com
  3. Colleen Hammond Whitmore Productions (CHW)- There are two reasons why I love CHW. Quality and innovation. The president and founder combined her passion for acting and student development to design a consulting group that will develop and write socio-drama skits, as well as coordinate a three day visit for experienced acting coaches to come in and teach your student leaders the performance.check them out @ http://chwconcepts.com/index.html
  4. Mashable- I may be reaching on this one. I don't know if this is necessarily a company, but it is a great website. Mashable is everything social media. It has tons of good articles, and is simplified so that you don't have to be a computer geek to understand or appreciate it. At this point I don't think anyone can "run their shop" without at least some understanding of this stuff. check it out @ mashable.com
  5. Project Adventure- My first day on the job was a Project Adventure training with our unit. Project Adventure is a teaching organization with an emphasis on adventure education (ropes course, using props, team builders, outdoor education). The facilitator we used for the unit did a great job, and they work closely with many departments at the university. I always hear great feedback about their facilitators. They also offer products like props, books and equipment. check them out @ pa.org 
*I have not been solicited by any of these companies to write this content. No special deals or discounts, just plain old fashion word of mouth. They do good work, and I figured I am always looking for recommendations from co-workers so I wanted to offer my suggestions to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment