Sunday, February 13, 2011

data + graphic design= my new favorite things


For those of you that know me, two of my favorite (work related things) would be data and stuff that looks pretty. I have a few design blogs on my flipboard that I will peruse from time to time and recently came across the wonderful world of infographics. Below is a sample infographic I designed to illustrate the assessment data collected after our January Kick off retreat. It gives some information about the retreat and provides the reader with a snapshot of the assessment data collected.

This is just one of the ways these can be used. Infographics can be great visuals to use during trainings. I am working on one now that is designed like a board game and along the path of this game are the different parts of the orientation program. At the very least it has potential to help the student staff learn the program, and what role they play in each part. If I can dream big a little, the hope is to get it blown up to life size, lay it on the ground, and have students literally roll the dice and walk through the game with different challenges along the way. Tell me what powerpoint lesson can beat that...

If this is something your interested in there are a lot of good resources and examples out there. This link is probably my favorite to get started with.

No comments:

Post a Comment